Wednesday, June 27, 2012

First Session Kids

We have three two-week long sessions of teaching here at the summer camp, with a new group of kids each session.  Here are some pictures of the kids we taught the first session -- quite possibly my favorite group.  They were just adorable and it certainly brings a smile to my face to look back on these pictures of a few of my favorites.  :)  Love these kids!

Getting ready to sing in the "disco hall!"
They don't exactly look excited for lessons. Hmm.
They have all sorts of activities in the evenings: competitions, "discos," goofy games, tournaments
 "Hello. My name is Vaniya."
Costumes for the Little Mister America competition.
Did I mention they call this camp "Little America?" I didn't realize that is what this us until a couple weeks in . . . I guess the title is almost validated seeing as they have shipped in honest-to-goodness Americans to teach little kids English.
Yegor. Adorable. Also the winner of the Little Mister America competition. Kiersten says I look like Yegor; I am flattered.
Clearly I planned an elaborate lesson for the last day of classes.
My boys. :)
This picture was actually taken during the second session; Roma came back just to say hello and bring all the teachers thoughtful little gifts. He is such a sweet, thoughtful young man. There are definitely some wonderful Ukrainian parents out there who are really raising some great kids. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment