Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Ballet!

Tania got our group tickets to go see a ballet in Kyiv! The tickets only came to about $5 each, and it was a legit Ukrainian ballet rendition of Don Quijote. I was very excited!!  It was a very fun experience, and the performance was incredible.
 This is the opera hall.
 Inside the theater!
 We got to sit in these awesome little, well, I thought of them as "box seats," since they were sort of separate little compartments on the balcony.  It made me think of the ballet scent in Anastasia, maybe because we'd watched that a few days earlier.  :)
I just wanted to pretend to be a beautiful dancer after the performance. :)
The only downside of the whole experience was staying in Kyiv after.  Someone decided that it wouldn't be safe for us to go back to Boyarka that late in the night, so instead we slept at an ILP school in Kyiv.  I slept on mouse-and-cheese print carpet with another peice of carpet at a blanket, and I was still cold.  One of the girls was sick and snoring really badly.  It was kind of miserable.  But I'd say the ballet experience was worth it . . . and we're here making memories, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment