Sunday, May 27, 2012

Luxembourg


Saturday morning, the day after arriving in Germany, I woke up to the kids coming timidly into my room to tell me, “It’s time to go to Luxembourg!”  That was probably around noon.  (My sleep pattern didn’t improve much over the next week, despite my determination to adjust quickly.)  Todd drove me, Macie, Tessa, and Cael into Luxembourg to see a bit of the city for the day – or what was left of it.  It was beautiful! 



I loved the ornate, European buildings, the picturesque river running down through a lower part of the city, and the rampart ruins with awesome caves which we got to explore!  How awesome to be able to just drive into another country in, well, much less time than it takes to drive through most states!






On the way home, we stopped by a the Luxembourg American Cemetery and I got to see General Patton’s grave.


 A memorable part of the drive was Macy, Tessa, and Cael doing the Harvard baseball team dance routine to “Call Me Maybe” . . . only about a hundred times. J  If you haven’t seen it on YouTube yet, you’d better check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEWVwgDnuzE

No comments:

Post a Comment